Nazly is AHP’s Head of Tax and Customs practice group. She has over 20 years of experience in International Tax which consists of cross-border M&A, global Business Model Optimization and International Tax Advisory. She advises both MNCs doing business into Indonesia (inbound) and Indonesian companies doing business overseas (outbound).
Prior to joining AHP, Nazly worked with Big Four accounting firms in San Francisco, London, Singapore and Jakarta and made an international tax partner in Jakarta. Her extensive overseas training and experience gives Nazly a rare Asia-regional and international perspective and approach. She is often asked to be a speaker or expert source by the International Tax Director at the DGT and by Indonesian Accountants Association Tax Chapter for matters that Indonesian taxation has yet to govern over such as taxation on trust, cross- border leasing and estate planning.
Nazly has served clients from almost all industries ranging from banking and financial institutions; manufacturing and distribution; oil and gas; real estate and plantation; to ultra-wealthy individuals and family-owned businesses. She has an unparallel track record having work with Indonesian biggest banks and financial institutions in diverse projects starting with tax-neutral bank merger, project financing, assets securitization including assets back securities arrangements, various peer-to-peer lending structuring, to helping banks work with PT Perusahaan Pengelola Asset to get rid of their toxic assets.
Nazly has served as non-executive independent commissioner/director and audit committee chairperson at Indonesia’s top 10 insurance and assets management companies; helping Board of Directors plan and execute their programs and liaise with the Indonesia’s financial services authority over financial results and good corporate governance implementation.
Nazly is an accomplished scuba diver, a published writer on social issues, an organic farmer and a proud animal lover. Nazly is a humanitarian who serves through the Rotary Club of Jakarta Metropolitan where she made a Club President past year. Her humanitarian work brought her against tsunami in Banten 2018, earthquake in Lombok 2018, earthquake and liquefaction in Palu 2019 and great flood in Kupang 2021.
Memberships / Directorships
- Independent Commissioner and Audit Committee Chairwoman for PT Principal Asset Management Indonesia
- Independent Commissioner and Audit Committee Chairwoman and Member of Good Corporate Governance Committee for PT Sinarmas MSIG Tbk
- Passed Qualified Risk Governance Professional (QRGP-MRG 628.000380 2019)
- Passed Certified Public Accounting for the State of California, USA (license number: 94770)
- Passed Certified Enterprise Risk Governance (license number: CERG-3120128)
- Passed Brevet A, B and C (issued by Indonesia’s Chartered Accountants Association)
- Member of International Fiscal Association
- Indonesian Accountants Association Tax Chapter – giving speech on Revaluation Assets October 2015, on Taxation on Trust October 2016
- Deloitte Asia Pacific International Tax Faculty Member – teaching International Tax to Deloitte professionals (manager to partner levels) within Deloitte Asia Pacific in 2015
- Deloitte Asia Pacific Global Tax Conference – giving speech to Deloitte’s Global Clients on update on Indonesian taxation matters in 2014 and 2015
- Deloitte Asia Pacific International Core of Excellence Seminar - giving speech on Indonesian Inbound Investment to public in 2013 and 2014
- Deloitte Asia Pacific Debrief Video Interview – interviewed on Tax Audit in Indonesia broadcasted to Deloitte worldwide clients in 2014
- University of Indonesia’s International Tax Training and Seminar Guest Speaker – giving open lecture to public organized by the University of Indonesia in International Tax in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- PwC Class at the University of Indonesia - leading the PwC professionals conducting two days of seminars in International Tax in 2011
- “Taxation of Trade Representative Office” with David Dorson – published by Asia Pacific Tax Bulletin,
- International Bureau Fiscal Documentation September/October 2014 Edition
- “Thin Capitalization and Secondary Adjustment” with Eddy Tambunan – published by Asia Pacific Tax
- Bulletin, International Bureau Fiscal Documentation September/October 2013 Edition