Mita started her legal career shortly after her graduation in 2005. She first joined a corporate law firm as an intern, assisting in various capital market matters. Then, she joined another prestigious corporate law firm in Indonesia where she built her career there for almost 10 years until she reached a Senior Associate level. Mita's area of practice include Capital Markets and Merger & Acquisition, with strong suit in banks and financial institutions.
In the field of Mergers & Acquisition, she is a well-grounded legal counsel. Her experience spanned in a broad range of aspects as she successfully represented clients from many different standpoints. Her high-profile transactions include assisted buyers in the acquisitions of Indonesian banks, represented Indonesian state-owned company in the acquisition of insurance company, and represented Indonesian state-owned company in an acquisition of Vietnamese cement company.
While in the field of Capital Markets, Mita is as competent and reliable. She involved in one of the biggest rights issue by a state-owned bank in 2011, represented a consumer goods company in its public offering process, and represented an Indonesian state-owned bank in its subordinated debts issuance.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acted as counsel to PT Mitra Pinasthika Mustika Tbk in the strategic divestment of its 100% stake in its lubricant business subsidiary, PT Federal Karyatama to Exxon Mobil Corporation (Esso Petroleum Company Ltd and ExxonMobil UK Ltd). The deal is complex in term of structure and process and the closing of the deal is taking place within the transition regime of Investment rules introduced by the government. The deal is cross-border deal as the Investor is coordinated by Exxon Mobil Corporation in the US and it involved local counsels and international counsels.
- Represented PT Provident Agro Tbk, a prominent palm oil plantation company, in the strategic divestment of its 100% stake in its subsidiaries, i.e PT Transpacific Agro Industry, PT Sumatera Candi Kencana, and PT Langgam Inti Hibrindo, to various local investors.The deal is complex in term of structure and process as the divestment of these subsidiaries are considered as material transaction under the Indonesia capital market regulations and combined with various settlement and refinancing of bank loans which involved multiple onshore banks.
- Plasindo's ultimate shareholders and Toppan Japan wished to create a joint venture to combine the two industries: flexible packaging by Toppan and manufacturing of film and flexible packaging by Plasindo. The transaction was completed in two stages: Stage 1: Internal restructuring of Plasindo group companies and an in-kind capital injection. Stage 2: Toppan's investment by in kind contribution of Toppan Indonesia shares resulting in Toppan gaining 51% control over the JVCo. As M&A counsel, we provided general advisory on the structure, prepared transaction documents and all corporate actions in stage 2. We saw the deal through to a successful closing after 3 years of working on the JV.
- Assisted in the investment by PT Saratoga Investama Sedaya Tbk and its local subsidiary PT Sehat Abadi Cemerlang in PT Famon Awal Bros Sedaya, the holding company of a number of companies that operate hospitals under the brand name Awal Bros Hospital in various locations in Indonesia, including Jakarta, Bekasi, Tangerang and Makassar. The total investment value was IDR 450 billion.
- Represented Saratoga Group and PT Nuansa Abadi Indonesia in their investment of minority stake in PT Deltomed Laboratories, producer of Antangin medicine having total amount of IDR 360,978,100,000. Prior to investment from Saratoga Group Companies, the target company has just conducted an internal restructuring which make PT Deltomed Laboratories the holding company of the 8 subsidiaries.
- Represented PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk in the shares' subscription of PT BNI Life Insurance by Sumitomo Life Insurance Company.
- Represented PT Bosowa Corporation in the purchase of 14% shares in PT Bank Bukopin Tbk.
- Represented PT Semen Gresik (Persero) Tbk. in the acquisition of a Thang Long Cement Joint Stock Company (a Vietnamese cement company).
- Represented PT Mitra Pinasthika Mulia Rent in the acquisition of PT Grahamitra Lestari.